WhatsApp is one of the most widely used short message applications by all people around the world. Whether it’s to build a personal life with family and friends, talk about professional things, to make buying and selling transactions, everything happens and is connected through the WhatsApp application. However, did you know that now you can chat using WhatsApp in a more comfortable way?
If you are a worker who is always struggling with a PC or laptop, of course it will be very inconvenient if you have to change from a PC screen to a smartphone screen when you want to reply to WhatsApp. Of course, you really shouldn’t be seen “playing on your phone” when you’re at work, right? Alternatively, you can open WhatsApp on a laptop by installing WhatsApp Web. What is it and how do you use it?
WhatsApp Web is another version of the WhatsApp application that can be accessed through your computer or laptop. The WhatsApp developer makes it easy for its users to still be able to receive and send messages from WhatsApp installed on the computer, and it is synchronized directly with the WhatsApp application on the smartphone. So, you can view conversations from two devices at the same time.
In addition to sending messages, you can also send data in any form via WhatsApp Web, such as images, videos, to work documents. You can set notifications if there are incoming messages and if you disable the blue tick feature, the same rules apply to your WhatsApp Web.
And what you need to know is that to be able to use the Whatsapp application on a desktop computer, this can only be done if your computer is already using Windows 8.1 or the latest version of Windows. As for Apple products, it can only be used on macOS 10.0 or the latest version of macOS.
If your computer has another version or the version below that was mentioned earlier, you can enjoy the Whatsapp browser application. The following is a mitoo.top review on how to install WhatsApp on a laptop / PC:
Download WhatsApp Application on Laptop
- The first step you have to do is download the Whatsapp application. You can download it on the Microsoft Store or via the https://www.whatsapp.com/download link . You have to download it according to the desktop computer you are using. For Windows computers, it must use the number of bits as much as 64 bits. As for Mac, it must be macOS 10.10 or later.
- After you finish downloading the Whatsapp application, then you can open the folder where the application is stored. Double-click on the Whatsapp application that was downloaded earlier.
- Then you need to wait a while until the application is finished installing on your desktop computer. And when it is finished installing, then in the Whatsapp application a QR Code will appear. This QR Code works for you to scan on your smartphone.
Scan the QR Code for WhatsApp
QR Code or Quick Response Code is a barcode that has two dimensions. Which QR Code can store data. The QR Code can also be used by the WhatsApp desktop application as a condition to enter your WhatsApp account into the WhatsApp application on the desktop.
The following is a way to Scan WhatsApp QR that you can do:
- First, you have to open your WhatsApp application on your smartphone. After that you will find three dots in the upper right corner in the application. Click the three dots.
- Next, several menus will appear, from those menus you have to click WhatsApp Web.
- After that you will be taken to the Scan code page. Therefore, you must prepare your desktop computer that has the Whatsapp application installed and has displayed the QR Code that will be scanned.
- No need to wait long, then the Whatsapp application will display the camera. And it’s time for you to point the camera at the QR Code that has appeared in the Whatsapp application on your desktop computer.
- To check which devices are logged into your Whatsapp account, you can check on the following page. The desktop computer device is logged in or active on your Whatsapp account.
Using WhatsApp Web Without Downloading the App
Maybe you can’t install the WhatsApp Web application on your laptop because the laptop doesn’t belong to you or the laptop you’re using has an inadequate version of windows to be able to download the WhatsApp application. But you don’t need to worry, you can still access and use WhatsApp using a laptop. The method is as follows:
- Open the browser on your laptop, then type web.whatsapp.com, then press ‘Enter’ on the keyboard. You will immediately enter the WhatsApp Web menu and will find a barcode that is ready to be scanned.
- Next, open the WhatsApp application from your smartphone. Click the three-dot icon in the upper right corner, then select WhatsApp Web. Point the rear camera to start scanning the qr code.
- After successfully scanning the qr code, WhatsApp Web will open and will display a row of chats like the one on your cellphone.
- When you are finished using WhatsApp Web, click the three-dot icon at the top of the chat list, then select “Log Out” to log out of your WhatsApp account.
WhatsApp Web basically has the same features you see on mobile. In fact, it feels more comfortable because you can use keyboard shortcuts to reply to chats, such as copy-paste if there is a long text you have to type and send to a friend! Easier, right? You can install WhatsApp Web on a laptop, or open it via a browser. Both depend on the needs and conditions of the laptop you are using.vv